Muttereralmpark verwendet Cookies, um Ihnen den bestmöglichen Service zu gewährleisten. Wenn Sie auf der Seite weitersurfen stimmen Sie der Cookie-Nutzung zu.
X
muttereralmpark logo

History

InnsbruckMuttererAlmbahn1960erJahreS7med

The Muttereralm was built in 1953 and developed a formerly rather laid back ski area south of Insbruck with a chairlift. Equipped with colorful parasols the chairs each transport two visitors to the top of the mountain. Many visitors and residents of the surrounding towns have begun skiing here.

The detachable chairlift of the Muttereralm Cable Car was the first of its kind in Austria. For cost reasons the seats where then produced in the shops of the Innsbrucker Verkehrsbetriebe, the local public transportation agency. The initial cable car was build by the Lechner company.

The lift, which was first only equipped with double seats was modified at the end of the 60s to the then very modern rounded cabins made from polyester, strengthened by glass fibers.

muttererbarg001med

The Cable Car (and unfortunately the ski area) was temporarily shut down in the 90s. The colorful “egg gondolas” were auctioned off after the decision to close the Cable Car in its existing form and today they can be found as a nostalgic message in many gardens of the surrounding villages.

The newly constructed, state of the art 8-seat gondolas of the Muttereralm Cable Car and the Götznerbahn, which is also part of the system, began operations in 2006.

The Muttereralm Cable Car celebrated their 60th birthday in the winter season of 2013/14!